Monday, June 30, 2014

Outfit of the Day


This season I could not live without my Boyfriend – boyfriend jean that is.  Because of their super versatility and did I mention how comfy they are, they are my go to jean for the season.  When paired with casual accessories, you can create a unisex or lax vibe, or dress them up for a more refined feel.  Either way, I will definitely be sporting my boyfriend jeans long throughout the summer and well into the fall because I know that they will be easy to throw on when I’m rushing to get out the door for school (already cringing at the thought), or when I’m heading into the city to meet my BFF for lunch.

              A white blouse from CARMAR paired with
              my boyfriend jeans gives it just that 
              slight refined edge needed to dress it up.


I have accessorized my outfit with a pink acrylic floral necklace Forever21 21. I have chosen to wear a camisole under my blouse, however pairing it with a lacy bandeau would give it a flirty feel for casual nighttime wear.

The ankle strap trend exploded for spring 2014-2015 spring/summer season. I can't get enough of my dark beige Jcrew sandals.

I love this low block heal because at 5'10, I’m usually towering over my friends. The low heel is so on  trend and works with any pant hem height.

Light comfy knits are perfect in warm weather. The lace trim and crème color of the sweater ties in nicely with the crème collar on my blouse, adding a sweet and lax vibe.


             What I’m Wearing With My Boyfriend Jeans

 When I want to do some errands, or run out the door for school, its super easy to dress my boyfriend jeans down just a bit. Comfort is their main purpose. After all, they came to trend when woman began wearing their date’s jeans the next morning, not wanting to be seen sporting last nights evening clothes. Here, I’ve paired the boyfriend jean with a lavender knit sweater from Zara, teaming them with my Sperry espadrilles. Ps. If your hair didn’t last last nights date, you can top it with a fun baseball hat that of course you’ve stolen borrowed, from your BF.




                   Sperry Topsider espadrilles


           Boyfriend jeans go from casual to dressy, with a
           simple change of your top. The flowy camisole
           dresses up my favorite jeans and paired with a
           wedge, I’m ready to head to the city for lunch.

     Adding a cardigan creates a more casual vibe. Remember, a        boyfriend jean will tend to shorten the leg, but pairing it      with a heel will help to visually lengthen your leg.

                            Aldo wedges

Shoes, not only should they look good, they should feel good! If you feel good, you look good. That goes for inside, as well as out.


                            Vintage necklace
                     
    Don’t forget, accessories. They can make or break an outfit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post, you rock!